Last Wednesday I got my first broken arm, it hurts. For the first week I didn't have a cast. The doctor in the emergency room gave me a sling and a partial cast. It hurt a lot the first week, but now it doesn't. Yesterday I got a cast. I like the colors I chose, it looks really cool. The white part glows in the dark. My family signed it. Josh wrote, "smooth move". Mom wrote, "I love you." Jaeden wrote, "Hope you get better stinky." Dad wrote, "Poor Joy, hope you get better soon. Love, Dad." Jake wrote, "Weirdo". I broke it because I was standing on a stool and the stool tipped over and I came with it shooting down. I'm not going to stand on a stool ever again. I'm only going to sit on one.
The first night that I got my cast, it was hard sleeping with it on. I don't like that I can't itch places that are under the cast that are really itchy. It is waterproof and Mom thinks that's really cool because Jake didn't get a waterproof cast. I can take baths and swim with it on. When I first got my colors on it, it sounded like something was in the oven sizzling, and it felt really hot. It is made of fiberglass. The inside padding is Delta Dry. It can get wet and won't stink or ruin the cast. The sling that I had before the cast wasn't waterproof and Mom had to duct tape bags so that I can take a shower. The tape hurt when she took it off.
It's been hard not being able to skate in the basement, or skateboard and other stuff. I only can play on the Wii, but it's kind of hard with a broken arm.






1 comments:
Hi Joyanna,
I am so sorry you had this accident. I can tell from your comments that you are a much wiser girl now. Broken bones are so painful and I am sorry you had to hurt so much. Grandma Hill and I love you so much, and we hope your arm heals quickly so that you can do the things you enjoy so much. Your Aunt Heather had to learn to write with her left hand just like you and now she is able to do so many things with her left hand. We hope for a speedy recovery.
Love,
Grandpa Hill
Post a Comment